If you’re not from London, and you’re only coming for a short time or you live here and you just want the hard work done for you, look no further. With so much choice and so many guides and books out there it’s not always an easy decision, but we’ve asked around the office and compiled our own list. So let’s get started on our very own Top 10 things to do in London…
1. Bounce (Farringdon and Old Street) – Ok, we might be biased but this is our blog after all. Truthfully though, people are looking for something unique that they can enjoy with friends outside of the traditional touristy stuff, and we tick all the boxes when it comes to fun, drinks, food and an activity.
2. Open Top Bus Tour – You can get these all over, but Victoria Coach Station is the easiest starting point. Great to see loads of London without the effort of walking/getting on the tube. Fair weather preferable.
3. Big Ben – Always worth getting close up to this bad boy, one of the most recognisable icons going. The bell is actually called ‘Big Ben’, the tower is called ‘Elizabeth Tower’.
4. London Eye – Big wheel thingy, gets a nice of all over London. You could replace this The Shard, or Primrose Hill, all have great view points.
5. Tower Bridge – Often confused with London Bridge, great nonetheless. Always a feature on the Top 10 things to do in London lists…
6. Borough Market – If you’re a foodie/you Instagram anything edible, then this place is right up your street.
7. Oxford Street – If you’re a shopaholic then you have to go here. If you don’t enjoy hundreds of people with no sense of direction, maybe give it a miss.
8. St Paul’s Cathedral – One of the most amazing buildings you’ll ever see, particularly inside. A bit like Bounce.
9. Covent Garden – Beautiful area, lots of nice shops and street performers, talent levels can vary. Still, they seem to make a living from it.
10. Imperial War Museum – A real insight into wars that have affected Britain over the years. With free entry and plenty to look at with multiple floors, well worth a visit.
We hope you enjoyed our list of the Top 10 things to do in London, it was hard to whittle it down to just 10. If you can’t do them all, ideally just make sure you do the first one.